Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Project 3

 We officially found out we were expecting on January 8, 2017. But I was already 99% sure that I was pregnant. I don't like wasting money, so I don't actually buy pregnancy tests until I'm a couple weeks late. At 6 weeks, I began feeling the horrible morning sickness.


At my 8 week appointment, we found baby measuring over 9 weeks. It was fun to see the baby move around. I got a prescription for Diclegis for my morning sickness, and it works so well. It was nice to not feel sick all the time.


I actually made an announcement this time around. Keeping with the theme of this blog, we announced it with a Gantt chart.


At the end of February, I got really sick for 2 weeks. It's the worst cold I've ever had, and I couldn't get over it. I got an ear infection, and my ear drum actually burst which was rather painful. Being pregnant, I wasn't able to take any strong medicine. Also during this time, I had rectal bleeding and was worried that it was a flare up of my colitis. After meeting with my GI doctor, we decided it was just hemorrhoid bleeding. Unfortunately, nothing really helped stop the bleeding. The joys of pregnancy!

13 weeks pregnant:



13 Week Ultrasounds:

Baby is head down, and you can see the spine really well:

A 3D image of baby:

17 Week Ultrasound:

Once again, baby was head down for the ultrasound. He or she is definitely getting bigger!

I first felt movement around week 16 or 17. My morning sickness went away at week 20. My hemoglobin count was low at week 17 thanks to hemorrhoids, so I started an iron supplement. At week 20, it went down instead of up, so I get to double my iron supplement. My energy has been pretty low, so hopefully we can get those levels up again. Also, I have seen some improvement in my hemorrhoids after using essential oils. It was the last thing my midwife had to offer, and so far it is the only thing that has seemed to help.

20 Weeks Pregnant:

20 Week Ultrasound:

PE and the kids came with me for the big ultrasound. It was fun to see the baby, and it was good for the kids to be there. During the ultrasound, we saw the baby suck its thumb, yawn, and drink amniotic fluid. Everything looked great, and the baby looks healthy and well!

Cute profile:

Baby yawning: 

Cute little foot:

Another cute profile:

3D image of baby:

We are excited to meet our sweet baby in 20 more weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment