Wednesday, February 20, 2013

4 Months

Somebody is 4 months old! I can't believe it!

At his 4-month check-up P1 was 17 lbs 3 oz (80th percentile) and 27" long (98th percentile). He is growing well and is super healthy! P1 had a very delayed reaction with his shots this time. The nurse gave him the 2 shots in his legs and started to say "Wow, he's not even going to cry," and then he started screaming. But only for 30 seconds this time! With his 2 month shots he screamed for about 1 hour straight.

P1 has found his feet, and he loves to hold them. I'm sure he'll soon figure out how to to put them in his mouth and chew on them!


P1 has never been a fan of tummy time. So he finally learned how to roll over onto his back to get out of tummy time. He still hasn't learned to roll from his back to his tummy, but we are okay with that!


P1 is not super fond of bath time. He still has this look of "What's going on?" whenever I give him one. I'm super excited for the day when he can sit up on his own for bath time. P1 is always trying to kick himself out of the sling, so it makes bath time a workout for me!


P1 is starting to have separation anxiety. If I put him down and walk out of sight he almost always starts crying. He likes to be able to see his mommy which makes me feel important, but also makes it hard to get things done around the house!



Even though P1 is not very mobile yet, he is already a hurricane! Can't wait to see what messes he'll make when he's mobile!


PE is excited for the day when P1 can play games with us!


P1 is still working on sitting up. He can sit up pretty well on your lap, but if you try sitting him on the floor he topples over pretty quickly.



P1 does okay at night. I'm grateful he doesn't cry at night. He'll wake up because he's hungry or because he's pooped and he'll make enough noise to get me up (usually PE sleeps through it). I'll feed him and change his diaper if he needs it and then put him back to bed without any fussing. I do wish he would sleep a little bit longer, but you can't have everything! He usually will give me one 4-6 hour stretch, and then one or two 2-3 hour stretches of sleep. One of my favorite parts of the day is when I finally pull myself out of bed in the morning and peek my head in the bassinet because P1 is always so happy/excited to see me in the morning! It makes getting out of bed worth it!


P1 is a super happy baby, and we love him very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment